There is no safe place in Gaza: WHO chief

Last Updated on July 10, 2024 8:07 am

The head of the World Health Organization (WHO), Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus, said that nowhere in the Palestinian Gaza Strip is safe in the face of Israeli airstrikes. He said even their shelters and hospitals are under security threat.

He said these things in a post on social media X on Monday. Jio TV news.

The head of the World Health Organization said that due to Israel’s blockade, there has been an acute shortage of drinking water, fuel and medical equipment in the valley.

Tedros Adhanom Ghebreyesus said Gaza’s Al Ahli Arab Hospital and the Benevolent Society Hospital, known as Friends of the Patient, were also unable to serve patients due to Israeli blockades.

He said the patients were expelled from the hospital. Emergency patients were referred to Kamal Adwan and Indonesian Hospitals under compulsion.

He said that although the health services in the area are functional, the Israeli forces are preventing the Gazans from accessing hospital services for sick patients.

Gaza’s Health Ministry says that more than 38,000 Palestinians have been killed so far in counter-attacks launched in response to Hamas attacks in southern Israel on October 7. More than 87,000 people were also injured. Most of the casualties are women and children.

According to Israeli authorities, 1,200 Palestinians were killed in Hamas attacks that day. Meanwhile, armed fighters took about 250 hostages to Gaza.

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *